This morning I experienced a new phenomena in the catalog of “Fun Things about Chicago Winters!” and that was having my eyelashes freeze. Thanks to -3 degree weather, the scarf (the second of the two I was wearing) wrapped around my face, and the condensation of my breath, Jess pointed out to me in the carpool that my eyelashes appeared to have frozen. Fortunately for me my eyes were open at the time, so no emergency warm water was required.
In other news, I have a busy week ahead of me before I leave on a Trip! To! Seattle!. Yes, I may not have mentioned here, but I am combining a three-day weekend, one personal day and one sick day to carve out a time to go visit my friends in the cloudy (but warmer!) Pacific Northwest. Of course standing between myself and that lovely occurence are the following things.
– Mail the long overdue certificate thing (a long lingering remnant of Grad School)
– Return rain boots purchased online that I didn’t like
– Write Thank You cards for Graduation presents
– Write rough draft of church’s Insurance Policy (or more accurately my church’s decision NOT to purchase building or liability insurance)
– Call approximately 5 people about Wilderness Wind planning committee
– Get my hair cut (Seeing as the last time this happened was April 2010, I am a little overdue)
– Visit a kitten with my housemate who is thinking of adopting
– Drop my car off at the mechanic to finally get the power steering belt issue (i.e. whatever makes my car squeal when I go around corners) fixed
– Go with same housemate to Best Buy to look at laptops. She is contemplating a purchase and I volunteered my nerdy services
– Write up agenda for Common Life meeting on Sunday morning and then lead said meeting.
There I think that mainly covers it, but hopefully come Wednesday evening at around 7pm, I will be safely on my flight and leaving all of this behind.